Frances is a professional artist living and working in Guernsey. Born in 1961 she moved to Guernsey in 1973 before studying at Camberwell School of Art, Sir John Cass and London College of Printing.
She has work in many private and public collections worldwide, including Ernst & Young, The PEH Hospital and The Guernsey Museum and Art Gallery.
“My paintings demand a response from the viewer, they are constructed gradually over time using layers of paint to create a true vibrancy and translucency in the medium. For me they have come of age and have an emotional connection to a place and a time.”
Frances’ studio is open to the public, phone 264187, her work is available for sale at The Coach‑House Gallery, Quay Gallery, Guernsey Museum and Cadeaux Cobo in Cobo Bay and is on public view at the Rona Cole Gallery in the Guernsey Museum and Art Gallery.
Guernsey Folklore, a collection of Frances’ paintings illustratating the original C19th Guernsey folkstories is published end March 2018, for more information see: www.blueormer.co.uk
- 2009: Park St Studios, Guernsey October
- 2010: “Voyage of Discovery” at the PEH Hospital, Mourant Art Prize. Guernsey
- 2011: Coach House Gallery
- 2012: Coach House Gallery
- 2014: St Peters Church: Organics
- 2015: Gatehouse Gallery, SPP, Skipton Art Festival, Jersey Arts Trust ‘Lock‑In’
- 2016: Coach‑House Gallery, Skipton Art Festival
- 2017: Coach‑House Gallery, Skipton Art Festival
- 2018: Coach‑House Gallery
- 2005: St. James Concert and Assembly Hall
- 2007: The Greenhouse, Sausmarez Manor
- 2010: La Fregate Hotel
- 2011: The Gallery
- 2013: The Coach‑House Gallery
- 2015: Guernsey Royal Court, Guernsey Literary Festival
- 2016: CCA International, Jersey